Start Selling on eBay
Your Shopify Store is your business. Your brand. It’s also a key source of income, so it’s important that it succeeds. For this to happen, your products needs to reach new shoppers and turn them into buyers. Of course, that’s easier said than done.
Luckily, you have the opportunity to get your products in front of a global audience of over 100 million active buyers on eBay.
Why Sell on Ebay
As a Shopify merchant, you have access to a powerful integration that can publish your Shopify products to eBay and help you to make and manage eBay sales—all from within your Shopify account. Why should you add eBay as a sales channel? Here are a few reasons:
- Reach over 171* million active eBay shoppers
- Appear in one of the world’s top product search engines
- Do all of this without having to leave your Shopify account
If you’re not an active eBay user, you may be wondering what eBay is like—or recalling what you’ve heard about eBay. Here are the facts:*
- No required wait to start selling
- No minimum business size to sell
- 88% of items listed on eBay are fixed-price listings, not auction listings
- 81% of items listed on eBay are brand new products
- Over 65% of items are delivered in three days or less
- $88 billion dollars in GMV were reported in 2017
What You’ll Find in This Guide
This guide is designed to help you evaluate whether selling on eBay is the right decision for you, and if so, how you can start selling on eBay quickly.
To start, we’ll discuss the benefits of marketplace selling, and basic strategies to get you started selling. Then, we’ll list your products and make sure your listings are optimized. We’ll talk about how to enhance conversion rates and drive buyer loyalty. Finally, we’ll cover some things to avoid when selling on eBay, and share more resources to propel your growth.
You can either read the chapters in this guide in order or jump around to find what you need, when you need it. Good luck!
* Based on eBay Q1 2018 “Fast Facts”