With the saintly austerity that January’s resolutions bring, it’s understandable that we like to go a little wild during the holidays. This year, let’s challenge ourselves to give gifts with real staying power. Here’s a list of ten thoughtful and lasting unisex presents that will delight the designers and developers in your life every day, as they use and appreciate them again and again.
9 search results for “Cat Hunter”
Designers and developers; not the easiest of folk to buy for when it comes to picking out gifts. On the one hand, the discerning designer in your life is going to have incredibly specific aesthetic tastes, while your friendly neighborhood developer’s interests are likely to be niche, to say the least.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- 12 gift ideas for the designers and developers in your life.
- A failsafe method to achieve the perfect balance between indulgence and modesty.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year; get ready to pound the pavement for the perfect presents to gift the tech-lovers in your life.
Rather than falling back on tired stereotypes, here’s a list to get you thinking — it couples the nerdy nature you love them for, with some more specific interests. Happy shopping!
With vacation season over, the conference circuit is back in action.
Indulge your inner student with a healthy dose of motivation and fresh learning by checking out these end-of-year design conferences.
Feel like you've put aside the New Year's resolutions you were so determined to get started on?
Do not fear: there’s a super easy way to instantly halt that sense of creeping failure, in an incredibly efficient (and tax-deductible!) fashion.
Here’s a quick run down of eight interesting conferences to check out in 2017, that will help you get back on track with your resolutions.
There’s a benefit to attending design conferences that goes beyond the morning keynote, subpar coffee, and animated slide decks. Interactions with people who share your passion can have the most incredible and lasting effect on your motivation.
Here’s a brief round up of nine events recommended to help boost your ambition, networks, and expertise, give you that all important reboot, and help you remember why you got into this gig in the first place.
In this article, we’ll look at:
- Nine global events in the creative and design industries.
- The focus and benefits of each conference.
- How these events can give you a good dose of motivation.
The very idea of public speaking is enough to make plenty of folk break out in a cold sweat. Yet the benefits of becoming a publicly trusted voice within your industry — especially for someone looking to raise their freelancing or agency profile — are clear.
In today's blog post, you'll learn:
- How to develop your stagecraft and presenting skills
- Ways to build your experience and get noticed
- What makes it easy for event organizers to find you
- How to pitch to event organizer successfully
Without proper preparation, freelancers and agencies can miss out on the opportunities that make conferences a valuable investment in themselves, and their businesses. With this in mind, we’ve made a checklist to get you in tip-top shape for Unite 2017!
In this article you will find:
- What to do before you come to Unite 2017.
- Strategies and questions to keep in mind during the conference.
- A teaser for a special Unite surprise and how you should get ready for it.
At some point, every web design freelancer or agency encounters challenges in their search for clients. It could be that you're having trouble finding your first client, you're struggling to maintain a steady flow of clients, or maybe you're looking for more qualified leads. Regardless of which scenario you fall under, we've put together the ultimate guide to help you score more web design clients.
In this article you will find:
- 6 strategies you can use to find web design clients.
- Best practices when using each of these strategies with real-world examples.
- Various resources to help you in your search for clients.